Sunday 30 November 2014

ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY : 3 Non-Print Sources

1. Not Paper

http://archive.notpaper.net/

I found this website through Aprile Eelich (one of my 4 artists listed below). It is a collective project that she started in 2008 and is the primary curator of. The description on the blog states that it is "dedicated to showcasing the work of international collage artists. We strive to meet the artists and understand the thoughts behind the process, so interviews with artists are a big part of what we do."
Unfortunately the site has been unactive since 2012, but there's 4 years worth of goodies still on the site. I am still going through the archives and finding so much great work and inspiration.

2. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand, Directed by Jonas Odell

VIDEO LINK

I have heard this song many many times but had never seen the video before. I was out at a bar one night and this came on the tv. It is so incredibly true that you find inspiration when you are least looking for it! I stopped talking to my friends and kept my eyes glued to the screen until it was over. It is sooo Dada-esque! It's interesting to see how the collage element is used in video form. Definitely not something I am willing to tackle just yet but great for future reference. The video includes many interesting compositions in it and I thought it was cool how they turned the texts that would normally be German Dada messages into lyric excerpts of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment